Is it worth tinting the windows in your home?
At Home Window Tinting Denver, we are asked this question often. The easy answer is absolutely yes! While most of us are familiar with automotive window tinting, there’s a huge gap in awareness regarding residential window film. When it comes to the windows in a home, consumers tend to focus on the decorative aspects of them by installing blinds, shades or curtains. There are many other benefits though to tinting your home that you may not be aware of.
· Reduce energy costs- The biggest benefit of tinting your Denver home is the money you will save on your Xcel Energy bill. Solar Control window films block the summer heat at the glass, which greatly reduces interior heat load. Low-e films also provide a protective barrier on the interior panes, which helps prevent heat loss in the winter.
· More cost effective than window replacement- If the windows in your home are old you’re likely experiencing hot and cold spots in your home. Replacing windows is very expensive. Installing window film in not!
· Reduce UV exposure and skin cancer-The Skin Cancer Foundation recommends window tint as part of a comprehensive sun protection program.
· Reduce fading-Have you ever pulled up a rug in an area of your home that gets heavy sun light? If so, you’ll see significant damage to your hardwood floor in as little as 3 months. The same damage occurs with your other furnishings, like curtains, furniture and artwork.
· Reduce glare-We all know how frustrating it can be to work with a computer monitor that has excessive glare on it. The same holds true for televisions. Window film can help reduce glare.
· Safety & Security-Our window films are available in a variety of thicknesses and are designed to help prevent intruders from entry into your home. Home Window Tinting Denver is also one of only 2 companies in the Denver area authorized to provide C-Bond, which is a patent protected nano-technology solution that is added to the installation solution used to apply film. It literally makes glass 100 times stronger!
· Privacy-Window films are an excellent method for acquiring daytime privacy in your home. Many customers install this product on windows in the front of their home, where it’s easy for people passing by to look through the glass.
· Added Value-Whether installing solar control, glare reducing, safety & security or decorative film, you will be increasing the value of your home at a very affordable price.
Call Home Window Tinting Denver today at 720-401-4940 for more information on how we can make your home more comfortable, safer and more enjoyable.